Tuesday 19 May 2015

World Baking Day!

Just a quick post to say that my submission to World Baking Day's 'Victory Bakes' on Twitter received a rosette :) My contribution was the birthday cake I made for my best friend's birthday last July - Victoria sponge filled with jam and fresh cream and decorated with white chocolate finger biscuits, strawberries and purple glitter, adorned with shortbread hearts as a finishing touch. I chose this cake because a) although it was actually very easy to make, I think it looks the most impressive and professional of all my bakes, and b) World Baking Day is about baking for someone you love and my bestie Danielle is one of the people I love most in this world!




On the actual day (Sunday 17th May) I made some rhubarb & custard and peanut butter & chocolate thumbprint cookies for my parents and their friends who came over for dinner - recipe will be up on the blog soon :) 

Did you participate in World Baking Day? If so, what did you make and who was the lucky recipient?

No comments:

Post a Comment